This wine slush is the perfect sip on a hot summer day! Just blend wine and fruit together and freeze into ice cubes, then enjoy a grown-up slushie whenever the mood strikes.
Summer, sunshine, and boozy slushies. Does it get any better than this?
Now that the heat of summer is in full force, it’s decision time… do I hide in the air conditioning for the next few months or do I brave the rising temperatures to enjoy a little summer fun?
My answer: grab a wine slush and your sunglasses and hit the pool!
The idea for this recipe actually came from a little vineyard back in Illinois where we used to live called Sleepy Creek. In the winter, they would make amazing warm mulled wine, and in the summer they served wine slushies. OMG… so good. I always thought about recreating the idea, so over the holiday weekend I did a little experimenting, and it turned out to be an awesome success! The recipe (if you can even call it a “recipe”) is so simple to make, and you can easily customize it to your own tastebuds. It’s just a little wine, (okay… a whole bottle) and a little fruit blended together and frozen. But instead of freezing the whole mixture together, I pour it into ice cube trays to make wine slushie ice cubes!
I’m not one to have huge, raging parties on a regular basis, so I rarely need to make a whole batch of wine slush to consume in one sitting. By freezing the wine into ice cubes, I can toss a handful of cubes into the blender whenever the mood strikes and have a single serving ready in just seconds. Genius, right? Maybe not, but it works for me, and I think you’ll like it too!
You can use just about any fruit (fresh or frozen) for this recipe, but a few of my stand-out favorites are peach, watermelon, and mango/pineapple. I like a really sweet wine, so I go with moscato, but you could sub in a chardonnay or sauvignon blanc as well. Just a word of advice, you may want to keep a little extra wine on hand for when you’re ready to blend up a slushie. Pouring in an extra splash of wine when blending the ice cubes helps loosen up the ice and thins the slush out just a bit. Garnish with a sprig of mint, some fresh fruit, or a little paper umbrella, and you have yourself the perfect adult drink to keep cool this summer!
Like what you see? Subscribe to Love Grows Wild so you’ll never miss a post!
Follow along on Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for more fun!
- 1 bottle (750ml) Moscato wine
- 2 cups fruit (fresh or frozen)
- Add the fruit to a blender and process until smooth. Pour the blended fruit through a strainer to remove any pulp or seeds from the juice, then pour the juice back into the blender. Add the wine and blend until fully combined. Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and set them in the freezer until frozen. Pop the ice cubes out of the trays and store in a zip-top freezer bag until ready to use.
- To make a wine slush: Add six or so ice cubes to a blender process until smooth. You may want to pour in a little extra wine to help blend the slush together. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- If you prefer a less sweet wine, try chardonnay or sauvignon blanc.
More summer recipes:
LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!
Subscribe to Blog | Browse my Shop | Follow on Facebook | Follow on Twitter
Follow on Google+ | Follow on Pinterest | Follow on Instagram
Sounds delicious. And your photos are gorgeous!
Where did you get those glasses? Their gorgeous!
I actually bought them at Goodwill… lol! You never know what you’ll find there! 🙂