It’s really starting to feel like fall around here lately, and I am so enjoying the cooler weather and fall decor that is slowly creeping into the farmhouse. I’m craving pumpkin everything right now (tis the season), so I thought it would be the perfect time to share my recipe for these amazing Maple Glazed Pumpkin Hand Pies! These adorable little mini pies have a cinnamon infused pumpkin filling wrapped inside deliciously flaky pie crust and are topped with a sweet maple glaze. Trust me when I saw you will not be able to eat just one! They are the perfect little fall snack or treat and rumor has it they are delicious with your morning coffee too… but you didn’t hear that from me. 😉
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust (with 2 crusts) or homemade
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Roll out the refrigerated pie crusts and use a 3-4" biscuit cutter to cut circles from the dough. Combine the scraps and roll them out again into a thin layer to cut more circles from the dough. Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin mixture into the center of half the circles. Wet the perimeter of the dough circles with water to help them stick and place the remaining circles on top of the filled ones. Pinch the edges together and use a fork to crimp the dough all the way around. Create an egg wash by combining a small amount of water with 1 egg white in a bowl and brushing the wash over the tops of the sealed pies with a pastry brush. Cut a small vent in the top of each pie with a sharp knife and bake until golden, 20 -25 minutes.
- Once the pies come out of the oven, mix together the powdered sugar, milk and maple extract in a small bowl. Spoon the glaze over the warm pies or brush the glaze on with a pastry brush. Allow the glaze to set before serving.
I’d love to hear how you like this pumpkin hand pie recipe! Here are a few more of my favorite fall recipes to try: Apple Upside Down Spice Cake, Salted Caramel Apple Crisp, Pumpkin Bread, Apple Pie Bars, Cinnamon and Sugar Pumpkin Muffins, Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Pie, Apple and Pear White Sangria
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES TO TRY:
To help celebrate the upcoming seasons, I wanted to share with you more delicious pumpkin recipes from some of my very talented friends. We will be bringing you new recipes each month through the holidays! Is your mouth watering yet?
Pumpkin Custard Pie with Gingersnap Crust by Ella Claire | Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bread by Nest of Posies | Pumpkin Creme Brûlée by Maison de Pax | Pumpkin Cake with Creme Cheese Frosting by Dear Lillie | Pumpkin Tomato and Bacon Soup by Craftberry Bush
Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes by Boxwood Avenue | Paleo Pumpkin Chili by Nesting with Grace | Pumpkin Ginger Molasses Cookies by anderson + grant | Pumpkin Baked Brie en Croute by French Country Cotage | Nina Hendrick Design Co.
Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies by A Burst of Beautiful | Maple Glazed Pumpkin Hand Pies by Love Grows Wild | Pumpkin Patch Muffins by House 214 | Pumpkin Maple Pancakes by Finding Home Farms | Miniature Pumpkin Tarts by Zevy Joy
Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by Miss Mustard Seed | Pumpkin Toffee Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting by My Sweet Savannah | Pumpkin Pan Pie by Inspired by Charm