I’ve been making these little Peanut Butter Cinnamon Protein Balls for years, and I almost always have a batch in the fridge waiting for me on busy days when I need a quick snack or before I head to the gym. These bite-size protein-filled treats taste so good and are packed with nutritious ingredients like chia seeds and ground flaxseed. I first shared this recipe years ago, but have since made a few small changes to cut down on the sugar and fat in each delicious, little bite. They are easy to make, and I think you’re going to love these peanut buttery protein balls as much as I do!
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 45 grams (approx. ½ cup) vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter and honey together until smooth. Add the protein powder, oats, flaxseed, cinnamon, chia seeds, and vanilla extract, and stir until completely combined. Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll the mixture into 15 or 16 balls about 1" in diameter. If the mixture is too dry to stick together, add very small amounts of milk or water until the mixture is just able to be rolled into a ball. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you try it!
More Healthy Recipes to Try: