Hi, sweet friends! I hope your week is off to a beautiful start! Last week I shared a few ideas for easy fall decorating in our kitchen, and this week I’m continuing on with the Farmhouse Holiday Series in our living room! This series is all about simplifying the hustle and bustle of the holidays and creating a cozy, inviting home that is the perfect backdrop to create beautiful holiday memories with your loved ones. I truly hope that you will enjoy this decorating series as much as I do and get some great ideas for your home!
To answer your first question about our living room… yes, I did get a new couch. AGAIN. Before you think I’m crazy, let me explain! I’ve said it a hundred times here on this blog, and I’ll say it again. This is just one room that I seem to struggle with! Our previous couches were either too gray, too modern, too slipcovered, too big, too small, too… just not right for us. So over the last year, I’ve bought and sold a few couches trying to get the right fit, and this gorgeous tufted beauty with rolled arms and a soft linen fabric is the latest to enter our little farmhouse. I’m starting to think that someone could make a whole lot of money by letting people “test drive” couches in their home like you would test drive a car before buying. Just saying… someone should jump on that because I would definitely shop with you! 😉
But after the endless parade of living room furniture lately, I think I might have actually found the one that will stick. I really, really do this time! The tufting is gorgeous and exactly my style. The back is lower, so it doesn’t feel like such a giant piece of furniture in our small living room, but it is still very comfortable to lay or sit on. And the nice box seat cushions stay in place beautifully, which is such a relief after having a sofa with cushions that slide every which way when you sit down. It’s comfy, spacious, beautiful, and reasonably priced! I bought it from Wayfair, and oh… I almost forgot to tell you the best part! The sofa came in 4 different pieces (for shipping convenience and ease of getting it into your house!), but it literally slid together on little brackets so there was no need for bolts, screws, tools, or anything! Jeremy and I had it out of the boxes and assembled in our living room in less than 5 minutes!
The rest of our living room looks pretty similar, and I added just a few small, simple touches to bring a little bit of fall coziness into the space.
- First I layered some extra blankets on the couch and arm chairs to make the room feel really inviting and cozy. Aside from the normal neutral colors I typically use, I grabbed a chunky olive green blanket to bring in a little bit of muted fall color on the light linen couch. Wool, knit, and even faux fur are great blanket options as the weather cools off more and more!
- On the coffee table (which is actually an IKEA wicker trunk), I set out a round weathered wood tray with an old jug and a collection of the most darling white velvet pumpkins that I found at Joann Fabrics the other day. The soft, wrinkled fabric and the long, twisting stems instantly caught my eye… I just might go back and buy the rest of what they have on the shelves!
- On the little white side table, I used one of my very favorite (and very cheap!) decorating ideas… dried baby’s breath. Probably year ago, I bought a big bouquet of baby’s breath for $2 at the grocery store and let it dry out completely. I’ve used it all over our house in different vases and pitchers, and I think it looks absolutely perfect for fall with the little dried white flowers and faded brown stems. That simple $2 bouquet has become one of my most used accessories!
- Last but not least… candles. Instant warmth. Instant coziness. You can never have too many candles lit during the fall and winter months!
- I have all the product sources for our living room listed below… keep scrolling!
Side note… You might notice the framed black and white photo of a football player on the console behind our sofa. That photo is of my grandpa, and I thought it was totally appropriate for the season. Both of our boys are in football right now, and almost every single night is spent out on the field… fall and football definitely go hand-in-hand in our family!
Be sure to visit the other bloggers participating in the tour, and I’ll see you again next week for more fall inspiration around our farmhouse!
More from the Farmhouse Holiday Series:
My Sweet Savannah | Ella Claire | Love Grows Wild | Liz Marie Blog | French Country Cottage
Dear Lillie | Shades of Blue Interiors | Miss Mustard Seed | City Farmhouse
Jennifer Rizzo Design | Jeanne Oliver | Rooms FOR Rent | Kindred Vintage
And today’s featured guest – A burst of Beautiful
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which allows me to make a small commission from your purchase, but your purchase price stays the same. Thank you for helping support our blog!
- gray tufted arm chairs – Target
- white leather ottomans – Wayfair
- tufted sofa – Wayfair
- jute rug – Rugs USA
- wicker trunk – IKEA
- rectangle wood tray – Wayfair
- round wood tray – Wayfair
- black hanging lanterns – Hobby Lobby
- glass lamps – Target
- curtains – tutorial in my new book!
- black dining chairs – Wayfair
- farmhouse dining table – tutorial
- farmhouse benches – tutorial
- bamboo roman shades – Home Depot
- stripe pillows – World Market
- faux fur pillows – All Modern
- green blanket – Target
- velvet pumpkins – Joann Fabrics
LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!
Subscribe to Blog | Follow on Instagram
Follow on Pinterest | Follow on Facebook
Beautiful Liz! Wow, your neutral palette is just stunning! Happy Day! Jen
Liz, your living room is absolutely perfect! And I love the new couch! 🙂 xo
LIZ! THAT SOFA! THAT OLIVE THROW! And now I want to dry out a bunch of baby’s breath! Love your tips and new additions– Love your family room so much.
I don’t know how long I have been reading your blog. Every time I read it, I find something new to try in my home. I don’t have a theme in my home, just comfortable living. I have been wondering about going really neutral in my living room. Look at your living room, I think I will take the plunge. Keep up the good work. You definitely inspire my decorating side. Thank you.
Love it and love your new sofa. Enjoying the “simple” decorating style you and other bloggers are implementing.
I love your new sofa! It fits well in your farmhouse.
Everything looks so cozy and inviting.
That couch is everything! Oh, as well as everything else! Beautiful, I Iove it all.
Sooo pretty!! Love your home!
Love, love the tufts! If you ever tire of this sofa, I’ll take it off your hands – it’s a classic!
Loving this series! Can you tell me the name of your white paint and its supplier? I usually use White Dover from SW but I like the white in your room. It seems more like a cotton white.
Hey Cathy! I used Du Jour by Valspar in here and most other rooms in my house… love this color white!
I love it! Subtle hints of fall but still light and airy! Perfect! And I’m drooling over your couch btw! Loved it ever since I saw it on IG!
LOOOOOOOVVVEEEE the sofa & I see the recliner is missing (how did you pull that off) 🙂 Looks beautiful!
I’m so in love with your sofa!! I am going to have to live with slipcovers probably for the rest of my life? So I will just have to admire yours!