This homemade hot chocolate mix is super creamy and SO delicious! You can make a big batch to last you all winter or just a single serving at a time. It makes a great holiday gift idea too! Just layer the ingredients in a jar and attach the printable tags below!
I love, love, love this recipe, you guys! If you’ve been around Love Grows Wild for a few years, you might recognize this post. Back in the blog archives, I made a homemade hot chocolate mix layered in a cute, little mason jar, and the post ended up becoming pretty darn popular, especially around the holidays. A lot of you have tried the recipe and said that it needed some tweaking, so I’ve been re-testing it for a few months now and finally came up with the PERFECT ratio of ingredients. You guys were spot on with your suggestions!
In the old post, I made a tag to go with the recipe (in case you wanted to give it as a gift), but some people used a different size jar than I did or had a specific request for what it said, so I decided to revamp the recipe tag too! This time, I have TWO different tags you can choose from…
- One with the ingredients listed, but not the amount, so you can fill in your own amounts if you want or leave it blank.
- One with only the instructions in case you put your own spin on the ingredients in the recipe.
P.S. I printed my tags on brown kraft paper for the photos, but you could do it on white cardstock or whatever paper you like!
I’ve been drinking this new hot chocolate a lot lately, and it is honestly the creamiest, most delicious hot chocolate I’ve ever tasted. Just the right amount of chocolate with no bitterness, perfectly sweet, and so, so creamy… I think you guys are going to love the new recipe!
If you want to make a SINGLE SERVING of hot chocolate, here is the recipe:
- 3 tablespoons powdered creamer
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- optional: marshmallows, for garnish
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Add ½ cup of the hot chocolate mix to 1 cup of boiling water in a mug and stir until completely combined. Top with marshmallows, if desired, and enjoy!
If you want to GIVE THE MIX AS A GIFT, here is the recipe:
- 6 tablespoons powdered creamer
- 6 tablespoons powdered milk
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons candy canes, chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Layer the powdered creamer, powdered milk, powdered sugar and cocoa powder in the bottom of a pint wide-mouth mason jar. Then add the chocolate chips and candy canes and place the mini marshmallows on top to fill the rest of the jar. Add a lid and attach a printable recipe tag (see below).
- When ready to use, remove the marshmallows from the top of the jar and mix the remaining ingredients together. Add ½ cup of the mix to 1 cup of boiling water in a mug and stir until completely combined. Top with marshmallows and enjoy!
Keep scrolling to find the printable recipe tags!