This post has been sponsored by NatureRaised Farms and Sam’s Club. I have been compensated for my time, but all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible! #FarmtoGrill // This is the only grilled chicken recipe you will ever need! Prepare a delicious marinade made with garlic, lemon, and fresh herbs earlier in the day and enjoy some amazing lemon herb chicken hot off the grill for dinner!
Grilling season is upon us! Don’t you just love this time of year? We get to give our poor, old ovens a break for the summer and let our grills do all the hard work for us. And let’s face it… grilling is awesome for us lazy kitchen cleaners. Which would YOU rather clean: an entire dirty kitchen stacked full of greasy, grimy pots and pans OR a grill that just needs scraped clean? Umm, yeah… I vote for the grill!
Grilled chicken is one of my favorite things to make because a) it’s something the whole family will eat and b) I almost always have chicken on hand. But if I’m going to eat grilled chicken, it MUST have flavor! There’s a thousand different ways you could dress up a plain piece of chicken, but my favorite is definitely with this lemon-herb marinade. It’s super easy to make… just a little bit of olive oil, a bunch of garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and fresh herbs (thyme and rosemary). The flavor you get from these few simple ingredients is out of this world!
For this recipe I used chicken thighs, but you could certainly use this marinade with chicken breasts too. Just drop them into the marinade for at least 2 hours (or up to 8), and you’ll be ready to grill by dinnertime! Recipes like this are perfect for summer parties because you can get everything prepped ahead and actually enjoy the party instead of slaving away in the kitchen the whole time.
If you want to make this meal extra fancy for your party guests (or even just for your family because honestly, we all love pretty food!), slice a couple lemons in half and place them cut-side down on the hot grill for a few minutes until they develop a nice char. Serve the charred lemons in a bowl alongside the chicken so guests can add a fresh squeeze of lemon juice if they like!
To get ready for a little backyard barbecue we had this past weekend, I went to Sam’s Club to stock up on party supplies and NatureRaised Farms All Natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs. If you’re looking for a good chicken brand, NatureRaised Farms is minimally processed with no artificial ingredients. Check your local Sam’s Club to see if they carry it!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl or zip-top bag, combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add the chicken and toss to fully coat in the marinade. Cover the chicken and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from the marinade and season well with salt and pepper. Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes per side until cooked through and nicely browned on the outside. Serve immediately with a fresh squeeze of lemon.
Recipe Suggestion: Serve our Asparagus and Mushrooms in Lemon-Thyme Butter as a side dish!
– adapted from William Sonoma